Tuesday, November 24, 2009

For fuck's sake, engage!

I hate being naive and idealistic. I care enough about the people around me, their productivity, and a harmonious workplace to have difficult conversations!

I agree that we all should think before speaking about uncomfortable subjects, even carry a mental conversation before actually engaging others in real conversations. This can be key especially when a thorough mental work-up can defuse anger over the issue.

For fuck's sake!

I also don’t mean that we should always seek out and confront. Just be willing to say something!!! When a lab is at a point when no one has anything to say to one another, is a lab with a serious problem.

In my situation, I appreciate a destructive relationship between my PI and I may make some feel uncomfortable. However, since I am the type of individual who goes out of her way to not involve others, this should be a indicator that I’m mature enough to have a conversation about someone’s hobbies with out breaking down into tears or defaulting to a bitch session about how much I hate my PI.

Although, to at least acknowledging there even exists a problem but all agree to stay uninvolved could at least protect from alienation.


Wine of the day:

This is a Spanish red I recently enjoyed. I found it complex, with firm underlying tannins. And I found the the integrated flavors of mineral and lilac DELIGHTFUL...just how I like my conversations!

Bodegas Pinord Priorat, 2006
Subtle but solid, this red shows cassis, kirsch and vanilla flavors that are fresh and balanced, with well-integrated tannins and a floral finish. Drink now through 2016. Tasted twice, with consistent notes. 4,000 cases made. —Thomas Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment