Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Can’t decide if today was a 2002 Chateau Coutet or a 2000 Legras St Vincent kind of day


I love drinking, making, drinking, talking about, drinking and learning about wine! So a new segment to the CFS blog will be “what kind of wine day did I have?”

Chateau Coutet 2002: Pale yellow. Aromas of mirabelle, licorice, menthol and flowers. Brisk, juicy and penetrating, if a bit youthfully unforthcoming in the middle. Reasonably firm acids give this fresh wine a solid backbone and good finishing grip..

Kind of like the cool brisk morning, with the unforthcoming middle and a reasonably firm finish to the day....I got a good grip on my draft!


Legras St Vincent 2000: "Incredibly youthful and vibrant, with excellent freshness and verve. The crispness brings on notes of lemons, limes, orange zest, apple, pear and subtle toasty notes keep it all in check. Drink this now for it's liveliness or let it age to become more round, rich and robust."

...um, yea I'm totally youthful and vibrant, with excellent freshness and verve. oh, then I deal with lemons and limes of my lab, and REALITY CHECK!

Now, remember I'm a grad student. Its not like I can actually afford to drink these wines, I live out my wine tasting fantasy's at:
http://forums.winelibrary.com

For the wine lovers out there, my source for these amazing wines and tasting notes can be found at:
http://winelibrary.com/show_special.asp?rater=&section=garyvaynerchukspicks&&search=&Vint=&size=&sDept=&OrderBy=onhand&OrderAD=DESC&x=39&y=8






No comments:

Post a Comment