Monday, December 21, 2009

A poll:

5 days to Christmas and I just put up a tree. So let me ask, would you do anymore decorating considering?

My opinion. Hell no! I didn’t want to do the damn tree. If I need the pine scent, I’d rather go out and sniff a fucking pine cone! We bought a tree just to hang shit on it, then throw it away? Wait, that’s not totally true. It will sit in my house for months, slowly drying up, dropping fucking needles all over the floor becoming incessantly taunting.

Why am I doing it then? Not because I actually believe, but because I have a 12-year-old who thinks the world will end if her “traditions” aren’t carried out. Admittedly it is entirely my fault for being a sentimental, hokey, corny, soppy mom for 11-years. I’m over it:)

Things I’d rather do than clean so I can decorate the freakin house just to pack it up again in 6 days?

1. Drink
2. Guess I should finish that thesis.
3. Finish making my wine.
4. Stab myself in the eye with a candy cane.

What would you rather do?

Oh and what about those annoying, smug bitches who have all the Christmas cards out by Thanksgiving. Now, so as not to "needle" those of you who worked your ass off to get those cards out by December 24th: I am speaking here of the ones who will actually e-mail me and say “hey, I haven’t heard from you in forever. I would love to send you a Christmas card. Send me your address...” In other words: You loser of a person who can’t even send a card once a year...give me your address so I can point out your indolence.

Which brings me to today’s favorite quote, and my new year’s resolution:

"Basically, I no longer work for anything but the sensation I have while working."
- Albert Giacometti (sculptor)


For some reason when I read this it makes me feel....yummy and all tingly inside:) Awesome! Now that's what I'm talking about. That's some holiday spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment