Monday, December 14, 2009

drum roll please.....

I open my e-mail this morning, and low and behold...I finally got a response from my PI regarding my paper. Oh the possibilities. Being the optimist I am I was so hopeful for some good feedback. You know, that engagement kind of feedback from an individual who read my manuscript. The kind of feedback that might even "evaluate" or "challenge" or "acknowledge"....FUCKING ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what was the response? Here you go:


CFS,
I have no comments on your last version.
Dr. AH



I really hate this job.

Today's wine is one that I've had and loved. It reminds me of better times, kicked back on the Domaine Drouhin porch, overlooking the vine covered hills. In a place where I could embrace the terroir, the sense of place. I remember having a sense of self and a sense of enthusiasm.


Domaine Drouhin Pinot Noir "Laurene" 2006

$68 / bottle Parker 92 Points! The 2006 Pinot Noir Laurene is medium/dark ruby colored with an alluring perfume of pain grille, mineral, spice box, cherry, and black raspberry with some blue notes in the background. It has more depth and concentration than the "cuvee classique" with gobs of sweet, ripe fruit, enough structure to evolve for 3-4 years and a 45-second finish. Drink it from 2012 to 2021."

3 comments:

  1. But that's good, isn't it? I would email back and ask if it's ready to be submitted and/or added to the thesis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right it's the only option. Best case it gets submitted, and I move on with my life. Worst case...only seen in the lost world otherwise known as a "thesis" that is never read by anyone. Publish or perish. What will it be????? hummmmm
    Thanks for advice. I'll try it! Here's hoping outcome is publish. It's a good paper.

    ReplyDelete