Tuesday, February 23, 2010

CV


How to turn a CV into a resume.

I’ve been putting the finishing touches to my thesis. But my main focus has been on finding postdoc positions. Enduring it has forced me to put together one hell of a polished CV! However, as I am applying to both academic institutions and government agencies I find that I needed a resume as well. I needed something that gives detail of a CV (latin for curriculum vitae translation is “I’m going to list in excruciating detail everything I’ve done in my entire fucking life”) and another document that provides a bullet list of the highlights.

I also have received feedback from the academic applications, even if its to say that they already hired somebody for the position. But fuck me I can’t even get passed the human resources groupies of the government agencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment